These are some of the commonly asked questions while creating and maintaining LinkedIn Page for businesses.
1. Why do I want to create a LinkedIn Page?
Having a presence on a widely popular professional social network is crucial for any business in this social media era. 75% of B2B buyers rely more on content than research and make B2B purchasing decisions than they did a year ago. LinkedIn is one the most reliable sources for any professional to look for information about your company.
2. Is it free?
Yes, it is free. You do not have to be a premium member to create a page.
3. Do I need to use a company email to create a page?
Yes. In order to avoid solicitation, LinkedIn enforces users to have a company email account that they can verify while creating a page.
4. Can there be multiple administrators for a page?
Yes. If you create the page, you will automatically become an administrator. You can add more LinkedIn users as administrators who can have the exact same permissions as you.
5. Is profile picture important for a page?
Yes. LinkedIn gives heavy weight-age to pages and profiles that have pictures when rendering in search results. Having a profile picture not only makes your business look more authentic, but it also helps in branding by repeatedly displaying your company logo next to every page activity.
6. Can I keep my personal profile separated from the company page?
Yes. Your personal profile activities can be completely separated from the company page activities. For example, you can post an update on your company page as an administrator and this will not show under your personal activities.
7. What’s a showcase page and why do I need it?
If you have multiple business units that have different target markets or audiences, you can create a showcase page. For example, Cisco has created a separate showcase page for its Security business.
8. If I have a company page, do I still need a LinkedIn Group for my company?
It depends on the needs of your business. If you are looking to build a community in which your audience communicates among themselves, then create a page. Though your audience can comment on the company page posts, they will not be able to create a new topic or ask a question.
9. How often do I need to post an update?
As often as you can. The more updates you post, the more people it will reach.
10. Who gets to see page updates?
Page followers will get to view your updates in their feeds. Your content may also appear in a LinkedIn search result, through which your target audience can find you. If you sponsor an update, it will show in your target audience who are not your followers.
11. How can I increase page followers?
These are several ways to increase page followers.
1) Sponsor your updates
2) Ask your networks to share – this has the highest viral effect. Go viral effortlessly through employee networks
3) Post valuable content with relevant keywords. Then, your target audience can find you
12. How do I remove a company page?