First impressions matter. Choosing the perfect profile picture for social media is a vital piece for branding yourself and your business. Remember, this is how you will be remembered and identified online. In fact, whenever you register with any social network, one of the first things asked is to upload a picture and far too often we fail to pick the most appropriate image that represents your brand the best.
Perfect Profile Picture for Social Media
Examples of a Company’s profile image
Make sure your profile pictures are
1. Consistent across all social media channel
2. Consistent with the website
3. Clear, crisp and blur free
For inspirations on background images, See Sites With Free Images, Prototypes and more
- At least 180 pixels wide and 180 pixels tall
- If the image is not a square, you will be given an option to crop the image while uploading the picture.
Note, Background image should confer what the company is about. The same image on the home page helps audiences remember and recognize your brand easily.
Also, remember your Facebook image appears in:
- The News feed of your followers
- All posts on your page’s Timeline
- Replies to comments
- Comments & posts you make on other pages while using your page
- Square Image
- 400 x 400 pixels, maximum file size 2 MB
- Image types include JPG, GIF or PNG.
Your Twitter image appears:
- On your page
- In-Stream, every time you tweet
Learn more about How to Create and Manage Twitter Business Pages
- Recommended between 400 x 400 and 20,000 x 20,000 pixels
- Maximum file size 10MB.
- Image types includeL JPG, GIF or PNG.
Your LinkedIn image appears,
- On Your page
- In stream, every time you post
We can all agree that a company’s profile picture matters as this will set the tone for how they are perceived in the public. It should also convey what message you want your audience to take away and be consistent across al boards. Once you have selected your photo, be sure to stick with the same picture as your default photo from one network to the next, that way people easily recognize you across all social networks. Also, don’t forget to interlink your profiles to each other.
Let us help you maximize your social reach Try 14 Day Free Trial